I don't want to segregate art making form the rest of my life; I don't want art to be confined to one room any more. I want to approach my life as I approach art. I want to approach art as I approach my life. Art is a result of movement, I like to think about my movements as I work. It is a part of the work, it is called the work. But movements that occur outside the studio are important, too.
Movements I enjoy -
- walking up a hil
- delicate, clumsy footfalls when descending down a loose path
- cutting small letters from a block of das
- gluing vegetable alphabet letters to paper
- drawing lines with felt tipped textas
- chopping veggies into cubes
I am planing to make a cube of multiple segments that will slot together. I made the mold for it today out of MDF. When it is done it will fit between two hands.